Images Photography Competition
We are looking for talented amateur photographers to submit their work for ‘Focal Images’, a new competition for aspiring photographers. The subject should focus on flora, fauna, or the countryside in Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire and the 12 top images chosen will be show cased in the magazine, one of which will feature as the front cover of Country Images magazine for the month of March 2014. You must be an amateur. Up to 3 entries per photographer. All images should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December 2013 with a brief description of the subject (up to 50 words) and name of the photographer. (All entries must be received by email only).
Send your entries to:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 12 years or over, except for employees of Images Publishing Ltd Group Limited, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted by via email email@example.com. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be 72 dpi and between 1MB and 10MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
4. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
5. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
6. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Images publishing Ltd to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
7. Only two entry’s per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
8. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition (The closing date 15th December 2013).
9. One entrant shall win the front cover of one of the Country Images magazine. The prize is subject to availability.
10. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
11. The winner’s name and county may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Images publishing ltd, Unit 5, Keys Road Alfreton, Derbyshire DE 55 7FQ. The prizes as described are available on the date of publication. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
13. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
14. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.